NOPUG Home Page
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE APRIL 23RD MEETING! THE EVENT WILL BE HOSTED BY GOJO INDUSTRIES IN AKRON. IF YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE MEETING. NO FURTHER REGISTRATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED.
Welcome to 2015,
The New Year is upon us and I hope you all had a great holiday season and are surviving another “beautiful” Cleveland winter! Our apologies for delays in getting the website updated in a timely manner. The company that was to host our March meeting backed out and we had to scramble a bit to find an alternate location and date.
Our sincerest thanks to GOJO and Nick Ciavarella for agreeing to host our first meeting of 2015! The meeting will be held on Thursday, April 23rd at the GOJO facility in Akron. There are several nuances concerning this meeting that I want to communicate here, making sure we abide by their requirements:
- The meeting room is being used for other purposes prior to our event on the 23rd. Under NO circumstances should anyone arrive prior to 11:15 A.M. on that date! This applies to everyone (members and vendors).
- Everyone attending the meeting (members and vendors) will be required to sign a liability release form – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- The last date you can register for this meeting will be Monday, April 20th (end of business that day). If you haven’t registered you won’t be able to attend – no showing up the day of the meeting without a prior registration!
We have had to meet similar requests for past meetings and knowing our group I’m sure we’ll have no issues doing the same once again.
At the November 2014 meeting we announced we would be looking for two NOPUG members who would be interested in joining the board. Several of you have stepped forward and Bob Mills of Philips Healthcare has graciously returned to the board, resuming his position as Vice-President. We are working with the other candidates and hope to have all of the board positions filled prior to the April meeting. In line with our charter, I will ask for a voice vote on adding these capable gentlemen to the board.
The meeting schedule for 2015 is as follows:
- April 23, 2015 – GOJO (Theme: Surfacing & Plastic Part Design)
- July 16, 2015 – Bendix (Theme: Windchill & Integrity)
- November 5, 2015 – Magnet (Theme: Sheetmetal & Sheetmetal MFG)
NOPUG Board Members:
- President: Mike Brattoli (Moen)
- Vice-President: Bob Mills (Philips Healthcare)
- Treasurer: Joe Baiera (TW Forge)
- Secretary: Ajit Singh (Akron Brass)
The newsletter is being finalized and will be sent out to the membership and our vendors and prospective vendors in the next week or so. The link enabling registration for the April meeting will be activated and instructions on how to register for the meeting will be posted on this page as well as via the Meetings link on the site. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience as we transition going forward.
Important NOTICE about registrations:
Please make sure and register for the upcoming April 23, 2015 meeting being hosted by GOJO. Deadline to register is Monday, April 20th!!!!
The registration link has been activated - please select the "Meetings" link at the top of the NOPUG website. Select the "Read More" button to initiate the registration process. A window will appear titled "Registration Options". Check the "Add to Cart" box with a "Qty" of 1. Choose the button titled "Select Registration Options and Continue". The window titled "Your Cart" will appear. You need to enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email (these are required fields). Choose the "Register and Continue" button. An Order Summary screen will appear confirming your information. Assuming everything is correct select the "Register and Continue" button one more time.
You're done and registered for the meeting, and you should receive an email from the system confirming your registration. The NOPUG board will also receive a confirmation email of your registration.